I offer counseling and therapy for couples, relationships and individuals who want to understand and respond differently to problems they face. Success can be how you choose to think, feel and take action differently — now and in the future. When you face difficult personal problems, relationship struggles or grief, a therapist must make a solid connection with you and provide a helpful influence.
Commitments To Your Counseling And Therapy
• I seek to develop an accurate picture about you, understand the problems you present, and effectively address them with you. I ask questions about your life experience, background, and get a picture of how you affect others.
• I will take care to speak with you truthfully and simply. This counseling or therapy connection (as an individual or couples client) is designed to help you understand your feelings, stimulate your thinking, and see your progress clearly.
• Ultimately, it’s our relationship that produces the most lasting results and change from counseling and therapy (validated by numerous studies.) I believe in the collaborative alliance. This means working towards your goals, built on direct, honest messages.
• I provide counseling and psychotherapy to equal percentages of men and women, and welcome the greatest possible diversity of clients into my Seattle, WA office. Diversity includes racial, cultural and sexual identities.
• We may develop a longer or shorter-term relationship; working together continuously or intermittently, whatever your best judgement decides. With clients I have seen at various times over a decade or more, the issues become more understandable and reflect steady development.
Call/Contact; First Appointment
Feel free to call or use my Contact page to make an appointment, discuss counseling and therapy, or other questions. You can find out more about my fees and office practice in my online Intake Form. When you submit the form, I will try to reach you by phone within six (6) business hours.
Browse my blog, Not So Confidential. It gives a picture of how I think and work, and more. Your participation is encouraged. Your comments are welcome at the bottom of every individual post page (just click on the post title). I will respond by developing dialogue. You can also subscribe in the sidebar to the right. Securely register with your e-mail address (please be sure to use a pseudonym!)